Medical Office Assistant (MOA)
We are committed to providing our patients with the best outcomes and compassionate care. We are equally committed to the growth and development of our team and are now searching for an energetic and innovative team member to join us. We look for individuals with a service heart and a passion for technology and change.
37.5+ hours/week – no evenings/weekends
Summary: The Medical Office Assistant supports the operations of the clinic and healthcare providers and is the first point of contact for patients.
What you will do:
• Greet all patients in a friendly and professional manner and provide assistance as needed.
• Be aware of and maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Answer and triage emails and phone calls from patients, and HCP (Health Care Professionals), keep accurate records of all patient interactions in EMR as appropriate.
• Liaise with patients, physicians, and various HCP to schedule and confirm appointments, triage referrals, and coordinate activities related to and from clinical and patient interactions.
• Learn and use the EMR for all patient activities, ensuring patient data is always entered correctly including verifying the validity of MB Health coverage.
• Assist physicians and patients with requisitions and forms for insurance, medical forms, etc.
• Collect payment of uninsured services as required.
• Scan documents and fax electronically.
• Assist patients in the use of modern technology within the clinic.
• Act as a change champion and promote the adoption of modern technology by patients and physicians.
• Escort patients into exam rooms, clean exam rooms daily
• Obtain heights and weights of patients.
• As per business needs, help out team members and provide shift coverage as needed.
• Maintain a professional approach when interacting with colleagues and health care professionals to establish good working relations.
• Communicate with patients using empathy, understanding and respect.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Previous experience in a medical facility and medical terminology an asset
• An understanding of PHIA guidelines is an asset.
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Demonstrate ability to use critical thinking skills
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to observe and promote a high standard of confidentiality and accuracy
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in a team setting and be an excellent team player.
• Good work and attendance record
• Physically and mentally able to perform required tasks
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to be discussed upon successful employment offer.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.