Obstetrics/Gynecology Administrative Assistant
We are committed to providing our patients with the best outcomes and compassionate care. We are equally committed to the growth and development of our team and are now searching for an energetic and innovative Obstetrics/Gynecology Administrative Assistant to work with us. We look for individuals with a service heart and a passion for technology and change.
This position will perform a variety of administrative and clinical duties for the OBGYN department.
Hours 35+ per week Monday – Friday (no evenings or weekends)
Essential duties and responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Create OBGYN schedule template
• Schedule patients using a computerized scheduling system
• Provide patient with appointment instructions; verbally or in writing
• Manage internal message inbox and emails
• communication with Boundary Trails Health Centre
• Arrange and coordinate all pre-operative appointments
• Obtain all documents for pre-operative appointments before surgery and ensure all documentation is sent to hospital
• Use multiple programs simultaneously (Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel), scan documents, use email
• Work directly with OBGYN physicians
• Escort patients to examination rooms; set up appropriate instruments/procedure trays
• Assist physicians/patients as needed
• Clean examination rooms; deliver medical equipment to lab for sterilization
Skills and Qualifications:
• Grade 12 Diploma
• Demonstrate ability to utilize and understand medical terminology; Medical Terminology course would be an asset
• Attention to detail and ability to follow detailed instructions
• Demonstrate ability to use critical thinking skills
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to observe and promote a high standard of confidentiality and accuracy
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Good work and attendance record
• Physically and mentally able to perform required tasks
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to be discussed upon successful employment offer. All candidates are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada, as a condition of hire.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Start date: As soon as possible
Please indicate in the email subject line what position you are applying for. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.