Medical Clinic Reception Supervisor
We are committed to providing our patients with the best outcomes and compassionate care. We are equally committed to the growth and development of our team and are now searching for an energetic and innovative Medical Clinic Reception Supervisor to join our team. We look for individuals with a service heart and a passion for technology and change.
Average 32 + hours weekly Mon – Fri
Hours of work are generally between 8 am and 5 pm
Application deadline: Wednesday, March 8th, 2023
MEDICAL CLINIC RECEPTION SUPERVISOR POSITION DETAILS
• Provide support and direction to reception staff in their efforts to provide excellent services to our patients and physicians in a friendly, caring, and professional manner.
• Provide required support to physicians that allows them to optimize their patient care.
• Seek ways to improve patient services through training, education, and use of technology and EMR systems.
• Actively cultivate effective communication with department staff, physicians and interdepartmentally within the clinic and with patients and caregivers.
• Create a collaborative working environment ensuring excellent and accurate work standards while following established protocols.
• Monitor and stay current with department changes/needs including work volumes and efficiencies and as it relates to other departments in the clinic.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Previous experience as a receptionist in a medical office setting desired.
• Supervisory or management experience preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all reception staff and associated functions, ensuring all functions are carried out in accordance with agreed procedures, protocols and timescales
• Promote a harmonious and professional atmosphere in this public-facing role.
• Manage day to day issues that may arise within the team or with individuals.
• Deal with enquiries from patients including concerns relating to reception functions.
• Ensure appropriate staffing levels to meet patient and physician needs while maintaining efficiencies.
• Manage personnel hiring and management functions for Reception staff
o Responsible for staff and Physician clinic schedules
o Provide Administrative Support for the My Health Team staff
• Be familiar with and ensure standards of confidentiality are prioritized and always adhered to as it relates to PHIA.
• Strive to maintain data/information quality and alert reception staff to issues of quality of data and patient care
• Effectively manage own time, workload, and resources
• Arrange and lead regular reception staff meetings, follow up with meeting outcomes
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Demonstrate ability to use critical thinking skills
• desire to serve others
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to observe and promote a high standard of confidentiality and accuracy
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Good work and attendance record
• Physically and mentally able to perform required tasks
• Be willing to work on a flexible schedule and be available for holiday relief.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to be discussed upon successful employment offer. All candidates are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada, as a condition of hire.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.