Our surgeons provide consults and minor procedures at the C.W. Wiebe Medical Centre, with surgeries performed at Boundary Trails Health Centre.
The Southern Orthopedics team provides the following services:
- Knees: ACL’S, knee simple/complex soft tissue, knee replacement, knee osteotomy
- Hip: replacement
- Ankles: ankle soft tissue, scopes, arthritis, arthroscopic fusions
- Foot: foot soft tissue, chronic Achilles’ tear construction, bunions, bony deformity, diabetic/neuropathic foot ulcer
- Spine: lumber/cervical spine simple
- Shoulder: soft tissue and arthroscopy, AC joint arthritis
- Elbow: soft tissue
- Wrist/hand: soft tissue, bony, fasciectomy for Dupuytren’s contracture, carpal tunnel release
- Trauma: acute complex, post traumatic deformity
(Due to hospital restrictions, no elective surgery will be performed for patients under three years of age or with a BMI over 45.)
For Emergency Orthopedic consults, please contact Boundary Trails Health Centre at 204-331-8800 and have the On Call surgeon paged.
- To make it easier to arrange an orthopedic consult for your patients, consults may be sent to Southern Orthopedics and the most appropriate and timely consult will be arranged.
- Consults should be faxed to the CW Wiebe Medical Center, Attention: Southern Orthopedics at 204-325-4594.
Review the Ortho Referral Checklist (available on the Referral Forms page) prior to submitting a referral letter.
Post-Op ACL Rehab information for patients is available on the Patients Forms and Handouts page.