Our surgeons provide consults and minor procedures at the C.W. Wiebe Medical Centre, with surgeries performed at Boundary Trails Health Centre.
The Southern Orthopedics team will see patients with the following:
- Hip and Knee arthritis
- ACL tear
- Multi-ligament knee injury
- Meniscus tears
- Patellar instability
- Cartilage injury in the knee
- Foot and ankle arthritis
- Ankle instability
- Diabetic and neuropathic foot
- Shoulder arthritis
- Shoulder instability
- Rotator cuff tear
- Rotator cuff impingement
- Elbow tendonitis and bursitis
- Ulnar nerve impingement
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Trigger finger
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Ganglions and other masses
(Due to hospital restrictions, no elective surgery will be performed for patients under three years of age or with a BMI over 45.)
For Emergency Orthopedic consults, please contact Boundary Trails Health Centre at 204-331-8800 and have the On Call surgeon paged.
- To make it easier to arrange an orthopedic consult for your patients, consults may be sent to Southern Orthopedics and the most appropriate and timely consult will be arranged.
- Consults should be faxed to the CW Wiebe Medical Center, Attention: Southern Orthopedics at 204-325-4594.
Review the Ortho Referral Checklist prior to submitting a referral letter.
Post-Op ACL Rehab information for patients is available on the Patients Forms and Handouts page.