To mitigate risk during the COVID-19 pandemic, UVB Photo Therapy will not be available at the C.W. Wiebe Medical Centre. Affected patients will be contacted directly.
Narrowband UVB Photo Therapy is an effective treatment for many skin conditions including:
- Atopic Dermatitis
- and others
A referral must be made by your primary care provider to:
Dr. Marni Wiseman at SKiNWISE DERMATOLOGY
Address: 1170 Taylor Ave #6, Winnipeg, MB R3M 3Z4;
Phone: 204-943-4922; Fax: 204-942-0789
If you have been prescribed UVB Photo Therapy treatment:
Our UVB treatment area is located in our Urgent Care Centre and is available during regular Urgent Care hours. NO APPOINTMENT is necessary; treatments are available on a walk-in basis.
Urgent Care Hours:
- Monday - Friday
- 8:00 AM - 7:30 PM
- 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
TO PREPARE FOR YOUR TREATMENT:
- Do not use topical steroid medications at least one hour prior to treatment.
- If your treatment is for Psoriasis, the treatment will be more effective if you soak and exfoliate the affected area before coming for treatment.
- It is best to wear clothing that will minimize exposure to unaffected areas and to wear the same type of clothing each time you come for treatment.
- If your affected area requires a full body treatment, please ensure that private areas are covered: for women, the areolas and for men, the scrotum.
- Bring your goggles with you for every treatment
For more information regarding UVB Photo Therapy contact:
SKiNWISE DERMATOLOGY AT 204-943-4922 (4)
C.W. WIEBE MEDICAL CENTRE AT 204-325-4312