Narrowband UVB Photo Therapy is an effective treatment for many skin conditions including:
- Atopic Dermatitis
- and others
A referral must be made by your primary care provider to:
Dr. Marni Wiseman at SKiNWISE DERMATOLOGY
Address: 1170 Taylor Ave #6, Winnipeg, MB R3M 3Z4;
Phone: 204-943-4922; Fax: 204-942-0789
If you have been prescribed UVB Photo Therapy treatment:
Our UVB treatment area is located in our Urgent Care Centre and is available during regular Urgent Care hours. NO APPOINTMENT is necessary; treatments are available on a walk-in basis.
UVB treatments available during these hours:
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 7 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 1 pm
TO PREPARE FOR YOUR TREATMENT:
- Do not use topical steroid medications at least one hour prior to treatment.
- If your treatment is for Psoriasis, the treatment will be more effective if you soak and exfoliate the affected area before coming for treatment.
- It is best to wear clothing that will minimize exposure to unaffected areas and to wear the same type of clothing each time you come for treatment.
- If your affected area requires a full body treatment, please ensure that private areas are covered: for women, the areolas and for men, the scrotum.
- Bring your goggles with you for every treatment
For more information regarding UVB Photo Therapy contact:
SKiNWISE DERMATOLOGY AT 204-943-4922 (4)
C.W. WIEBE MEDICAL CENTRE AT 204-325-4312