ABOUT C.W. WIEBE MEDICAL CENTRE:
Located in Winkler, Manitoba, C.W. Wiebe Medical Centre is one of Manitoba’s largest medical practices. The award-winning clinic uses a multidisciplinary model that includes physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, psychologists, mental health nurse, dietician, and fitness consultants. True to its mission of providing quality health care in a friendly, caring, and professional manner, the clinic has embarked on a technology driven course to enable a proactive and preventative approach to patient care. Since its inception in the year 2000, the clinic has employed an electronic medical record system, making it amongst the first in the country to adopt paperless technology. The team of physicians currently has 28 family physicians and 13 surgical specialists (obstetrics/gynecology, orthopedics, and general surgery) who offer a wide range of services. With a strong focus on community, C.W. Wiebe Medial Centre has embarked on a comprehensive transformational growth journey and continues to grow to meet the needs of the community,
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Reporting to the Executive Committee of the C.W. Wiebe Medical Centre, the Executive Director will lead administrative and day-to-day operations in a complex and highly regulated environment and work closely with a verity of stakeholders. This is a critical role that will exemplify engagement and help enhance operations with a highly skilled team that continues to expand and thrive. The Executive Director will be a seasoned operational manager and change leader, with the ability to build on existing success to ensure smooth function operations with a strategic, business-mined, holistic approach and exceptional focus on dynamic team enrichment. This visionary individual will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact in a growing community and build supports to meet the future needs of Manitobans in Winkler and beyond. The Executive Director will play an essential role in continued growth and expansion with financial, administration, and digital operations and systems. C.W. Wiebe Medical Centre is seeking a proactive, relationship and values-driven leader with an integrative approach and ability to foster a cohesive team environment. This position will enjoy significant autonomy and responsibility for a complex and engaging portfolio and offers attractive salary, excellent benefits, pension flex time and the opportunity to continuing building one of Manitoba’s largest medical practices.
- Work with the Executive Committee to develop and execute short and long-term strategic plans and outline key operational priorities that align with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Accountable for the core functions including Finance, Information Technology, Risk Management, and Human Resources.
- Ensure the clinic meets and exceeds appropriate service levels and patient satisfaction.
- Provide direction and support to physician groups, fostering clear and engaging communication in an approachable and accessible manner.
- Oversee marketing and public awareness for the Centre, highlighting ongoing success.
- Manage day-to-day operations, including planning, monitoring, and facilitating maintenance and repairs for the facility and equipment as needed; ensuring proper building security and safety regulations; and assessing all service contracts.
- Develop a recruitment strategy to attract and retain diverse talent and address the future needs to the Centre.
- Promote the use of technological processes to improve patient services and operational performance.
- Identify operational improvements and implement processes to ensure efficient delivery of services.
- Ensure ongoing financial health, performance, timely reporting, and fiscal responsibility in accordance with not-for-profit accounting standards, internal controls, policy, compliance audits, and with a high degree of integrity.
- Anticipate, identify, and manage risk with a Risk Management Process and proactive mindset.
- Develop IT strategies that meet anticipated needs and position the Centre for future growth.
- Reinforce a collaborative, team-oriented approach including a positive, supportive, coaching leadership style.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- 5 years of relevant progressive senior administrative and operational leadership experience leading a business, branch, large department with P&L or regional operation. Experience leading in a health-related field is an asset.
- Successful track record overseeing operational growth in a complex, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Proven financial acumen managing financial functions and ability to apply resourceful solutions focused on effective operations.
- Superior human resource skills, including oversight of skilled professionals, policy development, succession planning, retention, coaching and development and fostering employee engagement.
- Experience leading IT projects or functions and ability to utilize technology as an enabler for seamless service delivery.
- Superior organizational, strategic planning and facilitation skills.
- Adaptable, open-minded person with strong critical thinking, risk assessment, analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to shift priorities in a changing environment and promote a high degree of ethics and integrity.
- Collaborative, relationship-driven professional with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply to this opportunity, please send an updated resume and cover letter
to Jen Sklar quoting project #24105 to firstname.lastname@example.org